1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your Enlightened/Kaigan-ed Unit and Why?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by XingHa, Apr 28, 2019.

1. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Rosa is 4/5/x. Balt and Ramses will come next. Spica still warming my bench.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ac23.jpg

Currently, i only have Zahar (5/5/1) and EO Shen Mei (5/5/4) as my kaigan-ed unit. I'm empty on Sin Indulgence so EO Shen Mei is stuck at 4 for the 3rd Gate. I do have Zahar's Memento but no EO memento (which i deliberately not aimed for). I spend like 3,000 + 15,000 Gem from getting EO Shen Mei up to enlightening her. I do not regret my decision but i could say it hurts my gem reserve.

As for the next in-line for enlightenment, Rosa would be my 3rd. Currently, im short on both Wratharis Flag and Sin Indulgence. I still haven't yet farmed Zahar's weapon and doesn't have his 777 armor (my mood is not really prepared yet for crazy grinding).

As for Spica, im just not a fan of slow unit. I don't know when i will be enlightening her.

After Rosa, Rameses and Balt are the next in line.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 11:40 PM
    nickjr likes this.
  2. Jagd

Jagd New Member

Zahar 4/5/1 (my most useful kaigan atm despite limited mobility and range, and mediocre speed. Montrous damage and plenty of personal skills from weapon and memento. His element is particulary advantageous when engaging maps with tanky multi element demons. Also got decent survivability for his ability to heal from single/multiple opponent with magic damage which also increase his value as a semi-hybrid physical-magical attacker. A really sharp sword, I'll give him that.)

Vettel 3/2/1 (my first kaiganed unit. Failed to convinced me about the true benefit of kaigan. Low damage, slow, and definitely not mobile. Just a big and heavy punching bag, slooooooow)

Chloe 2/2/1 (my first memento, and another failed attempt to convince myself about kaigan nensou combo strength. Her pathetic damage is reflected on her memento skill, which won't help on bosses that matters. Mid-boss class at best, you'd better off with something better.)

Elizabeth 4/2/1(I kinda need speedy-ish professor so... Still the best professor I got but kaigan do not really fix her speed issue)

Logi 2/0/0 (just for LB-ing his max lv, Dias might actually a better choice since I don't need another punching bag who arrived late. Yeap, your team's wiped out and here comes the Holy cavalier to saves the da... Wait, he's dealing 1 damage!?)
    From this point, I'll say holy cavs are not worth the kaigan. 85 or 91 do not matter, they couldn' t change the tide of the battle on their favor. They still gonna arrived late or by the rising number of faster ranged and magic units they gonna arrived tattered and battered, or just bullied with status effect (I find the fact that boss could be immune to stats effect while kaiganed HC not is one form of hypocrisy. It's like a fight of endurance between titanium bicycle and an actual tank, just pointless). A waste of time and phone battery.

EO Gunner 0/0/0 (she's a mistake, I misunderstood clearing the stage with units from 'other' as from 'EO'. Should have done vanekis instead. Materials down the drain :( )

Setsuna is next in line, disappointed that her agi will stay low though. Just wish that I didn't do the stupidity of raising vettel and chloe and logi and gunner.
    Spica is higher in priority than rosa IMO, since she actually the nuking force of my light team(not kaiganed yet) while Rosa sit on reserve of dark team.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    nickjr likes this.
  3. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Sounds like you wasted some kaigan mats. As for Vettel and Chloe, they will get significant upgrade but it happened 1 year plus in TAC JP. Vettel will get +Dmg and +Agi more on his MA if my memory serves me right (i actually just heard it Vettel will get an enhancement) but even with that he doesn't reach top 10 in the Fire division that is simply because the other contenders are real damage dealer notably Daisy. Chloe, on the other hand, will get J+ and push her to top 10.

Elizabeth will remain slow even with kaigan but its not a waste to kaigan her. In fact, i will kaigan her someday unless a new better one appears.

As for Setsuna, i dont see her good to kaigan. Rosa's worth is to kaigan her early as later on more and more better units will get kaigan. Rosa wont get weaker its simply because more stronger unit will get their kaigan. And Rosa is good for PVP.

nickjr likes this.
  4. scr@wny

scr@wny New Member

Depends how you define enlightenment. I haven't yet maxed a gate but enlightened a couple of units.

Units I am working on: spica, zahar, ramses

So far I have gotten 8 sins from the game and will get 3 more from the challenge board (my vettel no ready yet). Doubt I will get the green prayer ex sins any time soon.

5. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

"Depends how you define enlightenment." - hmmm, lets say a unit that you just don't unlock to get 2 max lv

what i learned is i will be maxing Gate 2 first than Gate 1 from now on to get the upgraded skill
    finally, i got Zahar's weapon at max. currently, im busy with mass farming compass and notebook, and JE tokens and JE mats. i just changed my Elrike to JE merchant to enslave Gerard in the Water EX. im still figuring out on how i will nail the "4+ foes in 1 blow".