1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

When/What gear to enhance?

Discussion in 'Armament, Equipment & Abilities' started by Delphiki, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Delphiki

Delphiki Member

I know you're not supposed to enhance gear until your at max job level but I'm not sure what gear is worth enhancing and if it's even worth investing in at this point.

I got my Hazel to lvl 60/Job level 11 and presumably she will always be a machinist so I figured I would enhance some of her gear but I see 2 of the pieces are gold bordered and the rest are silvered bordered. Is gold bordered the highest level gear she can equip in those slots? Are there gold bordered version of gear for each slot or is the gear that's equipped all she'll ever wear?

My thoughts were enhancing her dragon halberd (gold) and Knights chess piece (silver) to up her speed and damage but I don't want to find out later that there is just better equipment for that slot.

2. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator Staff Member

Each job has fixed equip and job 11 is the max job so it's worth to enhance equip only on job 11 since if you job up you lose all enchantment...
    Just max all of them except goddess idol since a +1 for malus resist isn't really that noticable.
    The reason is to get around 50% boost to each gear.
    Their border is a matter of cost to max them tbh...
    Gold ofc has better stats but cost 504k zeni to max while blu ones only 204k zeni.
    It's also not bad to max job all classes as master job bonus affect base stat.

3. Delphiki

Delphiki Member

So even though my Logi is a holy knight I should max soldier?

Better question my Zangetsu should max samurai and martial arts even though all I want to use him for is dragon cavalier?

4. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

You're not supposed to enhance equipment until you're at max job level of the job your character is going to want to stay in for the foreseeable future.

You can enhance gear any time you're sure you'll keep using it.

5. Kat

Kat Member

Nice to know all this things. Thanks alot.