1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

some JP Tier List (July 2019)

Discussion in 'General' started by XingHa, Sep 1, 2019.

1. XingHa

XingHa Moderator Staff Member

Tagatame Tier List ver.7.1.0 (July 24, 2019).jpg

looks like every JP tier list has something unique from each other and have something in common. pls mind that the JP has Gate 4 and Gate 5, and mementos that we arent familiar with

Fire
    Laharl is now a benchwarmer but i knew he went up in rank upon receiving enlightenment but didn't expect for the guy to put him as SSS. Daisy is still the same as well as Emma and Dorothea. dunno why he put Vivi and Eve in the rank. Magia Gunslinger is just a weak job even in their JE. even as Sage, Vivi is just normal and Lupinus is much better than her. im not quiet sure about Melda. all i know about her is she will get Beastmaster J+. at least Roy Mustang still clings to the list despite being outdated (only 3 gates).

Water
    i consider Ravina as weak and the worst is that she got 2 jobs that doesnt synergize with her magic job. my Ravina is just 4/x/x. i decided to enlighten her to that point because i like her, not because she is strong or something so useful. i dunno why the guy put Ravina as S. its understandable that both Shen Mei is not in the list. its just lately that Shen Mei got his Pirate J+ (or JE+) in JP. as for EO Shen Mei, since she is a collab unit, she will get outdated/powercreeped over time wherein the other unit are getting G4/G5 and she still stuck with the starting gates. same fate for other Etrian Oddysey unit. none of them is in the list (except for Princess/Sovereign and Shaman). as an owner of EO Shen Mei (aka Dancer Shen Mei), i would say she best PVP than PVE. she doesnt have excellent damage like Zahar but her Dancer's main job kit is nice - has stun, +evasion rate, a multi-hit attack that also massively boost Agi (that guarantee u a faster next turn which is very sweet). although im displeased with her Dancer's sub job as the buff increase is too low - 20% increase in 2 turns. i hoped taga didnt give EO Shen Mei the Merchant as her 3rd job.

Thunder
    unbelievably, Mei Fan isnt in his list. but Sophie (aka Zofia) is still there. if im right, both of them dont have yet their G4/G5. i disagree for not putting Mei Fan in the list. i hope taga gave Mei Fan a better future (G4/G5). as for Niggel (aka Corvus), he got a good G5 upgrade.

Wind
    The most controversial for me. Why Setsuna was considered as SSS? i knew taga gave her enormous love as she has been underwhelming for ages. i looked into her info in the database but nothing seems to convince me. they gave her HB Shura but her other 2 job wont get the full benefit from it due to scaling. her J+ improves the +10 slash atk up to +30 but too far compared to Dark Masamune's +150. probably the guy just having personal bias. if the database is updated in line with jp, how the hell Tamamo get into S tier with just 3 gates and 1 JE (with 2 other job completely useless for her)? Mei Fan didnt get into the S but how come Tamamo? she is even in higher position than Dark Artemis wtf! i heard Tamamo is a popular unit in JP so lets hope this isnt just another bias.
    Edit: Looks like Setsuna as SSS in JP is not a joke. From what i've observed from the pvp videos, Setsuna is kicking some ass. As for Tamamo, she got J+ recently in JP.

Light
    Neica's J+ is the cause of her spike in rank. dunno if she is an SSS indeed.

Dark
    The list is what i expect except for Priscilla.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Yamite, WeikerX and nickjr like this.
  2. Yamite

Yamite New Member

Hey there, so I just started with the game and wanted to ask what chars are good starters. Should I just try to reroll until I get someone in the sss tier or do you recommend someone else? And btw what are sacred stone memory chars and how do I know if a char is one?

3. XingHa

you must read this: https://thealchemistcode.gamepedia.com/Beginner's_Guide
    it pretty much contains all the info u nid to know as a beginner

and during tutorial, you will be given a chance to choose a unit. the question is which unit is the most ideal to choose: https://thealchemistcode.gamepedia.com/Tutorial_Unit_Overview (this is also under the link above)
    in fact, all of unit under Best Option is good except for Ankh as he isn't farmable yet and there are better substitute for him. most people recommend Spica but if u were to ask me, i would go for Gerard. in terms of power, they were all just in same tier. but when it comes to acquisition rarity, Gerard is the hardest to get since he is the newest unit among them. right now, Thunder is the element with least enlightened units. in fact, Teona and Mei Fan hasnt yet received their enlightenment (well Mei Fan is part of halloween)

don't bother much about global tier list. it is much wise if u follow JP tier list as it is our future. as you can see from the above JP tier list, light pink is a collab unit. orange is genesis unit (cousin of Sacred Stone Memories or SSM in short). the blue (not the light blue) is a free unit.

SSM Units are as follow:
    (1) Kanon (free) - u need her memento (also includes Vision Clear Reward or VCR in short, aka memento gear) for her to be in S as shown from the tier list above
    (2) Kagura (free)
    (3) Zain - same with Kanon, his strength mostly lies in his memento and he got a new one in global. he is not a single target killer but for cleaning up mobs
    (4) Cadanova - trash
    (5) Seida - she is currently A in global with her Gate 1/2/3 but becomes montrous when her Gate 4/5 arrives (and global just recently entered the Gate 4/5 era)
    (6) Monzein - trash
    (7) Yauras - SS and single-target specialized
    (8) Othima - SS and a magic user
    (9) Kudanstein - currently A in global until his Gate 4/5 arrives that elevates him to SS
    (10) Miuna - theres no way im calling a loli a trash
    (11) Basheeny - S but currently lesser in global due to lack of J+

Other unuts tied to SSM (usually side story):
    (12) Kaya
    (13) Lakina

Veda Templars (aka the arch enemies of SSM units):
    (1) Sol - their leader and SSS
    (2) Acht - a loli and prized figure. she isn't that strong but she is in demand as a collector's item (though whaley)
    (3) Vier - SS
    (4) Fury - she is still left untouched even in JP. in other words, they had a big plan for her
    (5) Seiba - Seiba got her J+ i think this last Sept so she is not yet rated in the tier list. but she became insanely strong
    (6) Zehn - trash even though the tier list above says he is S
    (7) Neun - SSS. the most controversial and the most strongest unit in Dark division. if im not mistaken, he is the most strongest unit in JP
    (8) Zwei - SSS
    (9) Drei - he was newly introduced along with Seiba's J+ so he was not yet in the tier list above
    Note: (1) Veda Templars are majorly whaley units; (2) Zwei and Drei are currently not yet in global

Other villain tied to SSM:
    (10) Orion - King of Greed Dike and allied with Veda Templar and Waginau
    (11) Waginau - the hooded mysterious man and leader of the Corpse (aka the CIA of Holy Order of Babel)

Dark Version (they are dark version of any units in TAC whether they are ordinary unit or from SSM or from watever. they just like copied idea from the Dark Killer Princesses of PotK/PotA):
    (1) Dark Zain (http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/jp/unit/zayin-dark)
    (2) Dark Setsuna
    (3) Dark Othima
    (4) Dark Mira
    Note: currently not yet in global

on how they look just search their name here: http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/units

in the starting guide, there is the reroll guide included but what units to aim for during reroll varies depending on the time-limited event, and your financial position as a player (f2p/dolphin/whale/godzilla)

recently ago, we got Crystal of Re:union collab. it is an example of time-limited event. but since it was over last week, ders no more reason to include it in the factor. currently, we have Magni Historia rerun (global version of Sacred Stone Memories). SSM was time-limited event ago but now its permanent (only the event not the summon banner). MH units are for whales esp when you gonna enlighten them. and none of them are attractive (meaning not worth the hard chase). what you gonna pull is either or combination of SSM and Veda Templar.

first, identify urself what kind of player are you? dolphin is a pact player and dats the place i belong. then we can define the units you gonna aim for reroll. the difference between f2p and dolphin is that i have 3k more gem per month than f2p

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Yamite and nickjr like this.
  4. Yamite

Yamite New Member

Omg, thank you so much:3 so I'm f2p and I'm also pretty sure that that will never change. I now did all the free draws and 500 gem banners and the only noteable chars I got are neica, zofia and setsuna (which I got initially as the first 5*), which is why I'm unsure about rerolling, since neica is in the sss-tier? Also, what are your thoughts on the global only units? Someone in the game chat recommended me rerolling for roxanne or zheng yi, since right now there is a banner for them.

5. XingHa

Neica will become SSS tier once she get her Battle Mage J+ which is an Easter Egg event (April 2020). Neica is a regular unit so she is not a priority in a reroll. Reroll is not just about getting SSS or SS or S unit but we have to consider the rarity. Your reroll should focus primarily on SSM unit since u r a f2p. And as a f2p, you can only enlighten 1 or 2 whale unit in a year so you may want to reroll for one of the Veda Templars or Orion.

Magni Historia unit (or the global exclusive unit) is for whale only. I will avoid them if i were you. I think i already mentioned about this previously.

Yamite likes this.
  6. Yamite

Yamite New Member

Ok then I'll reroll until I get a SSM unit and I'm sorry, you did mention them earlier, but I didn't realize they also counted as MH units. Once again, thanks for all the help:3

7. XingHa

as for SSM, u will get a free Zain from the current 10M download celebration. as for the Board Challenge that give Zain and Othima, im not sure if they were time-limited or permanent. if permanent, then you don't nid to aim for Othima. ur choice would be Yauras, Basheeny, Seida or Kudan from SSM. for Veda Templar, Neun is ur top choice then followed by Sol, Orion, Seiba or Vier.

Yamite likes this.