1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

News New Hard Quests Open

Discussion in 'News and Events' started by WeikerX, Feb 1, 2018.

1. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

If anyone has not heard, the following units are now farmable in new Hard Quests:
    1. Caris: [Hard] Ch 1: Ep 4 [2-10]
    2. Lamia [Hard] Ch 1: Ep 4 [2-8]
    3. Zangetsu [Hard] Ch 1: Ep 2 [3-2]
    4. Lucian [Hard] Ch 1: Ep 4 [1-9]
    5. Lofia [Hard] Ch 1: Ep 4 [2-9]
    6. Reida [Hard] Ch 2: Ep 2 [3-9]
    7. Chihaya [Hard] Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-4]
    8. Rahu [Hard] Ch 2: Ep 2 [2-10]
    9. Freed [Hard] Ch 2: Ep 2 [3-1]
    10. Reagan [Hard] Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-5]
    Happy Hunting, and let everyone know who you're focusing on!

I'm going with... Lucian, Zangetsu, and my hot waifu Caris.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Brawdur and nickjr like this.
  2. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

In this order: Rahu to job+, Caris, Lofia, Lucian, then maybe Reida, Reagan, or Chihaya.

Brawdur likes this.
  3. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

not much time these days :(

gonna concentrate on zang for now

4. Brawdur

Brawdur Active Member

I'd say, in no particular order: Lofia, Lucian, Caris, Zangetsu, Reagan, Rahu (Although I don't actually have Rahu yet)

5. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator Staff Member

Going with (highest to lowest priority):
    Rahu
    Lucian
    Lofia
    Raegan
    Caris
    Freed

I lack Zangetsu and Freed is almost 3rd job so I'll have to use a downgraded Zangetsu...
    Since I have Almira, Raegan and Caris aren't a priority, also my Raegan is Sniper already as well.
    Rahu because of the 3rd job and job+, a reason she is my top priority.
    Lucian because I lack a HB so I must train him.
    Lofia because she's waifu and I want to get Chronimancer for her.

6. WeikerX

So i've been struggling between Raegan and Caris. I have my Caris at J2, and I juuuust pulled a Raegan. In this case, Raegan will get to sniper a bit earlier than Caris. Do you have a reason that you're putting Raegan before Caris? I'm trying to figure out what priority I should do...

7. Mishikasei

Raegan coz it's faster than Caris to get Sniper but it really is your call to do so.
    Since I got Almira as Sniper and I recently got a dupe Magnus unlocking Machinist, for me both of them has low priority.
    Also now I have Raegan sniper so I'll focus on Caris since I got her to lb 10 and I would need 25 days to get Sniper Caris. I anyway do all their hard quests as the ap we get from daily missions are enough for me to focus on all of them and I already finished Demonic Spearman EX and EX+.

WeikerX likes this.
  8. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

I'm in the exact position. I've had Caris at J2 for a few weeks now and pulled Reagan the day the new nodes opened. By all accounts Caris is a superior unit and looking at her job synergy versus Reagan's it's clear why. Obviously I'm going with the better unit first. That said, there's been quite a few events where I would have benefited from a water sniper; I'm just hoping that's a trend that has run its course.

WeikerX likes this.
  9. WeikerX

Man... Guess we'll all eventually end up with a Caris Reagan Almira sniper army. Wonder if that's the perfect team to go farming with. Maybe also drag a speedy tank along for chests.

10. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

Rahu, Zangetsu, Reagan, Lucian. In that order. Usually just the first two, second two if I have spare AP after accomplishing whatever else I want to accomplish that day. My long-term goal is building toward the SS-rank units I can reasonably achieve. Currently, that's just Fung Liu and Magnus, but Rahu, Lucian, and Zangetsu all reach SS-rank at J3 (J+ for Rahu), so farming their shards daily is a must! Reagan, I'd just like a spare Chronomancer and the +1 usage of Assault Burst per stage. :D

11. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

Everything is different now. Two days ago I pulled Zangetsu and my second Reagan and now I don't know what I'm doing.

Arananthi likes this.
  12. Mishikasei

Atm I'm doing Polin due to curiosity on Bard+
    I wonder if her AoE whole map might be nice for farming...

13. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

I watched a YouTube video by 'SmoothJK' or something like that; he wiped out an entire Beginner Gold Rush map with a single cast. :D

14. udon

don't forget her shards in the secret shop (50 shards for a million zeni

ok now i'm curious too

15. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

Found it! It was Knight's Trial (Beginner), not Gold Rush, but same dif.

nickjr and udon like this.
  16. ΩζριηΘηÐιζΩ

ΩζριηΘηÐιζΩ New Member

Well guys, I'd have to say as far as priorities go, I'd farm shards for who you already have first. If you are farming Rahu, and you don't already have her, then you're gonna need 80 shards. As opposed to say if you already have Lofia then 80 shards could open up her first 2 gear slots and her J2! I'd say Lofia at J2 and two gears equipped is better than Rahu J1 and no gear slots.
    But here's a tip for you if you still want to farm shards on who you don't have. If you can, DONT transmute the shards! Wait until you pull that character and you'll have TONS of shards and likely be at J3 already! If you transmute it when you have say 120 shards...then you get a lvl 1 J1 character and when you DO pull them, you'll only get 25 shards at most. As opposed to saving the shards while NOT transmuting and then have the 120 shards to almost already take the character you just pulled to J3!

17. udon

ahahaha thats fun

gonna build mine up too

nickjr and Arananthi like this.