1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Tower Veda guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by udon, Feb 28, 2018.

1. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

With the recent march updates, we are now getting Mystic Tower Veda, so to prepare:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y_m5KNz7uZmB8lG6ypcvV4ibd3EY-SakrS28kPzuq30/edit

Thanks to /u/hatevampire on reddit for sharing this, plus the contributors wytesong, Frendy, Alurette Valentino and kazasu07

Here's the first 3 pages:

Tower Event Overview
    • Items cannot be used.
    • HP status for every unit is saved when clearing a stage. Heal before clearing. Jewels are not saved.
    • If anyone dies, and you finish the quest with them dead, they will be unusable in the tower for 24hrs.
      • After the timer is up, you can heal all your tower units for free
      • Otherwise you can pay gems to heal, the cost is based on time remaining. Very expensive though.
      • Don’t heal when your first unit dies, heal when you need a dead unit revived to continue.
    • If you lose your whole team, but injure the enemy, enemy HP will also be retained. Enemy Jewels are also retained, although their starting positions will reset.
      • This is the only way to beat some of the later levels if you lack a required unit, or LS. It’s a valid strategy, but be careful to use it only when necessary.
    General Tips
    • If anyone dies, if you close the app right away it’ll allow you to redo the last move.
    • If you want to rearrange or swap out your team, you can quit the quest without any penalty.
    • It’s not required in early stages, but if you need to heal, just inflict status on the last enemy or leave a weak enemy alive and then heal everyone, is the easiest way.
    Resetting the Tower
    • After reaching the top floor, there is an option to reset the tower back to floor 1. The first time reset is free, second time onwards will cost 500 gems. Replaying the tower awards Veda Coins (red) that are redeemable while the shop is open. Resetting the tower will heal all your units, also resets heal timer back to 24hrs.
    Known Bugs
    • Starting a floor before reset at 0:00 JST and finishing it after reset will not count properly as having been cleared (from wiki comments)
    Tower Rewards
    1. Rare Summon Ticket
    2. 5 Silver Bars
    3. Rare Summon Ticket
    4. 5 Silver Bars
    5. Rare summon Ticket
    6. 5 Silver Bars
    7. 50 gems
    8. Job Equipment ticket x2 (regular)
    9. 5 Gold Bars
    10. Job Equipment ticket x2 (regular)
    11. 5 Gold Bars
    12. Job Equipment ticket x2 (regular)
    13. 5 Gold Bars
    14. 100 Gems
    15. Job Equipment ticket x2 (rare)
    16. 10 Gold Bars
    17. 10 Gold Bars
    18. Job Equipment ticket x2 (rare)
    19. 10 Gold Bars
    20. 10 Gold Bars
    21. 200 Gems
    22. 5x Fire Pieces
    23. 5x Water Pieces
    24. 5x Wind Pieces
    25. 5x Lightning Pieces
    26. 5x Light Pieces
    27. 5x Dark Pieces
    28. 300 gems
    29. Gold Alchemy Pots x15
    30. Job Equipment ticket x2 (SR, same as 2mil tickets)
    31. Gold Alchemy Pots x15
    32. Job Equipment ticket x2 (SR)
    33. Gold Alchemy Pots x15
    34. Job Equipment ticket (SSR, Gold only)
    35. 500 gems
    36. Armament ticket x5
    37. armament EXP 3k item x10
    38. 3* minimum guaranteed armament summon ticket x3
    39. armament EXP 3k item x10
    40. 4* minimum guaranteed armament summon ticket
    41. armament EXP 3k item x10
    42. 500 gems
    43. 10x Fire Pieces
    44. 10x Water Pieces
    45. 10x Wind Pieces
    46. 10x Lightning Pieces
    47. 10x Light Pieces
    48. 10x Dark Pieces
    49. 15x Rainbow Pieces
    50. Multi Level Wind Armor 5* armament
    51. 10x Fire Pieces
    52. 10x Water Pieces
    53. armament EXP 3k item x15
    54. 10x Wind Pieces
    55. 10x Lightning Pieces
    56. 500 gems
    57. 10x Light Pieces
    58. 10x Dark Pieces
    59. 15x Rainbow Pieces
    60. Multi Level Lightning Armor 5* armament
    61. 600 gems
    62. 365 gems
    Floor Level 1-15
    • 1-15 or so are very easy, basically autobattle territory w/ lvl 60 Job11 units.
    • In these 15 early stages element makes very little difference, it's not necessary to switch to your mono element teams for these.

2. nickjr

nickjr Active Member

It's not clear here if there's one timer per unit, one timer for all units that starts with your first dead unit, or one timer for all units that keeps resetting as your units die. Would be nice to know whether or not I can go ham as soon as I finish a quest with one dead unit

This + first quote = if someone dies before the quest ends, I can quit and just try the quest again with no penalty?

Do Veda Coins carry over between tower events? That's what I would guess from this wording since they're just described with what seems to be the generic term "Veda Coins" but I don't know if that was intentional

What reset?

3. udon

i don't play the jp version, so assumptions here...

the timer is for the unit, as you can still do the tower during that 24 hours, just without the dead unit/s

i assume you can quit, rearrange (put the dead unit as a sub) and continue on

daily reset
    so if there is a daily mission on completing a tower level - you need to start that level after reset for it to count

4. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator Staff Member

Miniguide in construction about the recent (March 8 2018 update) called Mystic Tower Veda...

A little excursus about this gameplay:
    It's a more or less limit time event where you "climb" through floors in order to get prizes and reach the highest floor.
    The rules are simple:
    - No item, no mercenary, no drop chest...
    - Free run so no ap
    - Once a unit dies, it can't revive even post battle unless you spend gems for reviving (not recommended as it's expensive) or for free every 24h
    - If all your units died in that battle the enemies will keep their current HP left
    - If all enemies died while you get damaged, your current HP will stay so heal before clearing, you'll never know.
    End of excursus and time for tips.
    - If you retreat, it will return to its status before run so get used to this function if you want to cleverly study map 1st (I don't because I go full yolo but better for you to not do it).
    - Format of the towers: floors 1 to 6 + multiply of 7 are always mono elements and then floor multiply of 7 are always mixed elements.

Tips:
    - Although game recommends to be at least level 20 to attempt the challenge, it's absolutely recommended to bring max jobbed, equip enchanted and imo lv 65+ units and to try building at least 5 units per element.
    - Although Professors are recommended or any unit with Cure statuses, so far the only useful moment you use it is when they Stop (got it once by accident and I retreated) or Stone (never got it so far) you, till floor 28 imo it's not really that necessary. I would say a Chronomancer with Choco Ring gear or a Cure CT status is more recommended than a Prof, just my 2 cents so far...
    - If you have a max jobbed team I can assure you till Floor 15 it's autofriendly. Past this floor you will start to find these challenges annoying.

- Most of the enemies are weak to certain statuses (best to use are Stop, Daze, Immobilize and Stone although I can't confirm the latter atm as my only Stone caster got killed... rip).
    - For now I'll tell you who or what is/are the most annoying in these floors (especially post 15):
    - Mandragolas (if you ever tried Choco Toy EX, you won't be surprised xD), because they are the ones procing 24/7 debuffs (they tend to spam patk down first), statuses (careful to not let the mandragola one to charge too much or it will cast stone or stop haxs) and buff enemy party (pdef, mdef or regen). They have from what I observed around 126 Agi and some are far away to be able to reach them. The caster one is the most annoying but it's sorta weak as I manage to oneshot them if in range...
    - Combo atks, if enemy gets 2/3 combo atks, you are likely to get oneshotted with average units or if you are in a dark vs light and viceversa challenge.

- Maps: some maps do advantage you, others less. It actually depends on your team but you can more or less guess the kind of map from overall enemies (soldiers, dark knights and/or any other slash atker tend to be in plain or close maps, rangers, brawlers and/or mandragolas tend to be in high height maps, etc.).​

So far I reached lv 32 38 and have to do only 39 and 40 but I think I won't do further than 35 because I lack a good monoteam more than half of my team got rekted in the process and I sacrificed a lot of valuable units for 39 to clear it atm.
    Edit: so far floor 37 is easy with monothunder.
    Since I didn't reach floor 40 and I can't remember all maps, I can only give you these tips.
    If someone of you can help me expand this guide I'll appreciate it as I might not be able to clear all of them...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    nickjr and udon like this.
  5. udon

i kept autoing until 20... and my shayna died

sad

also, i started a guide based on info i found in reddit here, which includes level by level guides in the google doc:

https://alchemistcodeforum.com/threads/mystic-tower-veda-guide.307/

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. Mishikasei

Oh I see sorry then for the double post xD
    Better to delete my thread then... sorry ^^'

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  7. udon

merged :)

8. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

I retreated after a couple of units died, and the retreat undid their deaths and reset everyone's HP to what it was before the fight, so that's like SUPER DUPER useful.

Also, if you're dedicating a day to running, do yourself a favor and start with low-level units to do the low-level floors, and replace them with higher-level units as they die. You don't need to risk a stupid mistake killing your Shayna until you're well past autobattle territory. :) Obviously if you're only doing a few floors a day or whatever, just slap your big guns in right away and don't worry about it.

9. udon

that's a good point - gonna start again this weekend

10. nickjr

nickjr Active Member

Died in the battle that you retreated from? Or a battle before the battle you retreated from?

This is what I was asking about earlier:

11. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

Yeah, that one.

nickjr likes this.
  12. Mishikasei

Guys
    [​IMG]
    But at the cost of this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So 39 is easy with ranged units as with almost ded team I managed to do it with Caris, Magnus and Vargas as main dmg dealers xD
    40 seems doable from what I saw, just need to revuve my ded team.
    I managed to revive only once so far and this will be the 2nd and last revive for me.

Anyway a few tips: unless you own a mage, to kill mandragolas of 39 and 40 you need very high patk (combo is also ok) or ignore def or matk as they have more than 1k pdef.

nickjr and udon like this.
  13. udon

nicely done

I'm already struggling at 25... gonna probably do this once a day and heal daily lol

14. Mishikasei

Finally finished floor 40, I'm thinking if to retry or not...

15. nickjr

nickjr Active Member

Strategy idea courtesy of someone in the google doc, probably only should be used when you're at the higher levels:

Send in suicide units to make the enemy (mostly the mandoragas and buffers) waste their jewels. It'll take several runs to make the mandoragas exhaust their jewels. I send my suicide units in one at a time since some enemies have AOEs

Underdeveloped units will only be good for making the enemy waste their jewels. Stronger units might be able to take out some HP before dying, but since a lot of the buffs are PDEF buffs...

16. Thobias Sjökvist

Thobias Sjökvist New Member

17. udon

all those but zain and grantz are already in GL (lyle is ryle)

also the tower will keep returning, thats why there are some units used that arent out yet

18. Mishikasei

I actually recorded floor 28 to feature in next videos for walkthrough purpose...
    So far I retried Veda after clearing the 40 floors and so far I managed to survive with no death and no cure till floor 30, I'm still trying no death for 31 but I lack the units.
    I mainly used 1 HB, 1 Chronomancer and 3 snipers.
    Almira and Caris had agi passive to bypass Mandragola speed and to kill Albea asap.
    Then I just OC with Rahu my snipers to kill one by one the enemies or used Head Snipe as almost all of them don't resist status except a fire gunner.
    Stall 3 enemy turns and their def will crumble.
    With Lucian I distracted the soldier and the other gunner.
    I got stopped but only the mandragola was left so it was game for me.

Thobias Sjökvist likes this.
  19. Mishikasei

Sorry for double posting but I need to give you an update
    With a sense of pride and accomplishment:
    [​IMG]

It's very satisfying to finish it no death and no cure as f2p xD
    Coming soon I'll post the clips from 28 to 40 as these are the challenging ones imo.

nickjr likes this.
  20. udon

nice work @Mishikasei

i need to get off my ass and finish this tower lol