1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Chamber of Tribulations EX+

Discussion in 'Guides' started by XingHa, May 4, 2019.

1. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Conviction of Water I EX+
    Stage Info: http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-ev-gl-cot-01-water-ex-sp

The stage setup is no different than the EX except:
    (a) the enemy phantoms here are HP tonner (yeah, they got like 10k HP each),
    (b) each enemy's death (excluding Chihaya) will automatically trigger Ankh to cast Achilles Formation even if its not his turn
    (c) Chihaya's death provide Guts (won't get removed until triggered) to Ankh.
    Like the normal EX, Lambert's death will cause Dilga's appearance on the battlefield.

A minimum of 2 run is required to get all the quest mission. The only problem here is getting "Kill 4+ foes in one blow". Getting the quest mission via the Fire Rattys is near to impossible as they will explode with no hesitation if no obstacle present (like friendly fire). Yes, you get it right! We will get the said quest mission from these HP tonner foes. Sounds pain, right? Discourage not as there is a reliable way to do that. But before we tackle that...

Killing Ankh as quickly as possible is the most logical thing to do for various reason:
    (1) he can't be inflicted with any kind of status ailment,
    (2) he will kill Lambert and will result to another troublesome foe, Dilga, which can't be inflicted with status ailment as well,
    (3) he will just keep interfering with your attempt to nail the "Kill 4+ foes in one blow" quest mission

For reaching Ankh, Gerard is on the left side and Zofia is on the right side. I strongly recommended to take the left side because Gerard will head north to tag with Ankh and it will make a quick work of Lambert's life. Also, make sure that Slot 2 or Slot 4 unit will attract Zofia. Otherwise, she will head north as well.

One unit to rush to deal with Ankh (either get his attention or kill him) while the rest will handle Gerard and Zofia. Gerard is Thunder and can be deadly esp to squishy unit like spellcaster. Status ailment is your friend here on dealing both Gerard and Zofia.

Gerard, Zofia, Vettel and Chihaya - these 4 can be inflicted with the following status ailment: Petrify, Paralyze, Stun, Sleep, Silence, Charm, and Poison.

Once Gerard and Zofia fall under your control, fetch Vettel and Chihaya. They are not dangerous due to the fact that they are both Fire and on top of that not being damager theirselves. Same trick you did with Gerard and Zofia.

Once Ankh and all the Fire Ratty gone, we can now go back to the main business - "Kill 4+ foes in one blow". Now that we have our 4 contestant dancing under your care. All you need to do is to whittle their HP down low enough to execute the finishing blow. If you Petrifried them not close to each other, you will be needing a unit with Swap skill.

You don't really need to use exact same line-up i used esp EO Shen Mei. You can bring Shayna as your primary single-target damager and Shen Mei for AOE.

Reference Video
    1st Run

Note:
    (1) In my run, Ankh is one of the 4 which makes the run less easier. Don't copy what i did, instead replace Ankh with Chihaya for the 4 to kill simultaneously.
    (2) The run's MVP goes to no other than Elrike on her Merchant JE (Beckoning-Dharma). Her ability called Demon's Proposal won't wear off no matter what you do to the affected target so as long as Elrike is alive.
    (3) At 34:36 is the information about the unit i used.
    PS: Sorry for the misplaced video's positioning.

2nd Run

Note:
    (1) Because we have 2 quest mission that conflict to each other: "Clear with a Mercenary" and "Clear without a Mercenary".
    (3) Your units should have a considerable HP as Ankh and Gerard hits hard.
    (2) This time im using Petrify.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 2:49 AM
    nickjr likes this.
  2. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Conviction of Fire I EX+

Note: Due to being busy with real life stuff i wasn't be able to finish Conviction of Fire I EX+.

3. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Conviction of Thunder I EX+
    Stage Info: http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-ev-gl-cot-01-thunder-ex-sp

Enemies
    Teona on her Holy Valkyrie is extremely dangerous. Her signature move, Blinding Wall of Light - Hervor, its damage scales off caster's PDef. The higher the caster's PDef the greater the damage. Teona can OHKO a unit with 2.5k HP or below (given that the target has no damage reduction reactive skill) using her signature move. She can reach up to 1.6k PDef.

At start, Teona is accompanied by Balt and Cordelia. If Teona launched her second attack, it will cause a Seida and a Water Mandragora to spawn. The newly summoned units will have their turn come quickly. Seida will unleash Venom Arrow Rain while the Water Mandragora will either make a normal attack or cast something (mostly status ailment).

New enemies will appear depending on Teona's HP threshold. First threshold, Ravina and Green Lizard. Like Seida and the Water Mandragora, they will have their turn almost right away. The Green Lizard will shoot "Wide Barrage+ [DEF Down]". Next threshold, Letitia. Her priority action is to use support skill. I never seen her use an offensive skill. Last threshold, Fung Liu and Lofia. Only Lofia will have her turn quiet fast and she will cast Quicken first. Fung Liu will have his turn just a bit behind of Lofia.

Strategy
    Now that we tackled about our enemies. Next is what we can do about them.

If we aim directly on Teona, we will be dealing with the new Water enemies on top of Balt, Cordelia and a damaged Teona. But we can't just let Teona do as she pleases.

We need to keep Teona in check while killing Balt, Cordelia, Seida and the Water Mandragora. First part is to isolate Teona away from your squad and you will be needing a tough unit to be her playmate at the moment. Then, others will deal with the killings. There are 2 ways that you can utilize to keep Teona in control: (a) keep Teona's jewel below 24; and (b) reduce Teona's PDef. Jewel Drain, Raptio Anima, Null Grenade for jewel control. Blademaster and Samurai for PDef reduction.

And as for dealing with Balt, Cordelia and Seida, Roar is the most efficient way. Roar them and lure them away from Teona. As for the Roar, Lotiyah on her Wild Beast Tamer or Aruba on his Beast Tamer. I don't have Aruba so i have to rely on a Lv70 Lotiyah.

Once you're done with Balt, Cordelia, Seida and the Water Mandragora, you have 2 option: (1) OHKO a healthy Teona to end the game; or (2) trigger the HP threshold and face the new Water enemies.

Lotiyah using Susanoo+Super Battle Trance can OHKO a Teona (with +80% PAtk from other source like Leader Skill).

On facing the new Water enemies, same drill - hold Teona still in isolation and Roar the new Water enemies. This is the best moment to net your "Kill 4+ foes in single blow".

With all the enemies gone, you can now focus on Teona. Just check her jewel and PDef and you'll be fine. I never tried letting Teona spam her Blinding Wall of Light - Hervor on her playmate until she exchaust her charges before dealing with her finally.

Reference Video
    1st Run

Note:
    (1) Just don't copy my idiocy as one of my unit died by the hands of our beloved Teona. Was too lazy to redo.
    (2) Using farmable units except for the mercenary of course. Lotiyah for Roar and Leader Skill.

2nd Run

Note: You can use Vitality Powder to improve survivality.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 2:16 PM
  4. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Conviction of Wind I EX+
    Stage Info: http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-ev-gl-cot-01-wind-ex-sp

Enemies
    Except for Nefertiti and the Thunder Buff Rattys, all enemy are susceptible to Poison, Paralyze, Stun, Sleep, Charm, Petrify, Blind, Silence and Rage.

All spellcaster here will use support magic during their respective first turn, Mei Fang will use Anti-Tech Palm (Daze), and the ratty's favorite Immobilizing Kiss. The Thunder Buff Rattys will never move from its place.

Aruba will continue to support its team but the rest of the human enemies will go for an offensive. The enemy you need to watch out is Noah as her Magical Honor Student job is specialized on damaging hard to Wind target.

Strategy
    Much like with Conviction of Water I EX+, this stage is super easy with the help of status ailment notably Petrify. Flamel is the perfect candidate here. He has everything you need - Petrify, Roar, agility/mobility, resistance against elemental damage and jewel regen. Rahu for Quicken, Overclock, and Switch. Balt for damage and Zeal Eater. Ramses for AOE damage and Rudra Break (Silence).

First to petrify is Mei Fang since she is the nearest. Ramses can handle Noah and Aruba with the Silence. Balt to kill the Thunder Buff Rattys. Rahu to Quicken Flamel first before other. I haven't seen Aruba uses Poison Pill.

After Mei Fang, Flamel will fetch both Lupinus and Deneb using Roar, and drag them to the area where Mei Fang is. Then, Flamel to Stone Lupinus, Deneb, Noah and Aruba.

Balt can reach Nefertiti with its Zeal Eater from the blue circle near Mei Fang. This is how you will neutralize Nefertiti since it can't be affected with any status ailment. A Nefertiti with no jewel is as good as useless. Balt will then kill Nefertiti. Nefertiti will hardly gain jewel due to Balt's evasion.

Ramses will start to lower the enemies' HP. Ramses's Rudra Break is an insurance if Flamel's hand is full or if Flamel used up all its Stone Sword's charges.

Once Rahu is done with the Quicken job, she can start arranging the Stoned enemies for the Rudra Cross finisher.

Make sure Nefertiti dies first before killing all the stoned enemy. And killing at least 2 human enemy (Nefertiti does not count) will result to spawning of Reimei. So its best to kill all Stoned enemy simultaneously to avoid extra work.

Reference Video
    1st Run

Note: All quest mission except "Clear without Mercenary".

2nd Run

Note: "Clear without Mercenary" run. Same drill.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 7:17 PM
  5. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

6. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

7. XingHa

XingHa Active Member

Note: I will be having my surgery operation next week so lets see if i will be able to play T_T.