1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

General and Area team help

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by WeikerX, Dec 20, 2017.

1. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

I've been leveling up my Lucian Vettel and Lydia. Everyone is pretty much job 1 unfortunately except Lucian. Your thoughts on if this is the right approach? Screenshot_20171220-142939-1024x498.png Screenshot_20171220-142949-1024x498.png Screenshot_20171220-142959-1024x498.png Screenshot_20171220-143008-1024x498.png

2. JChunks

JChunks New Member

What kind of help do you need, can you not clear content? What "area" is an issue?

3. WeikerX

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'm not really focused on the arena yet as I get absolutely destroyed. Basically, in view of me having no Magus and no ranged people, are there ways that I can improve my team (aside from pulling) so I can maybe get to do the Hard level events? Go through the story and Hard mode story with ease?

In view of that overarching question, my issues in detail:
    * which team member should I focus on leveling up first? Get Vargus to 80 or get Vettel to 60? Something like that.
    * which team member should I focus on leveling up skills? I've only leveled up some Job 2 skills of my Lucian and didn't level up any Job 1 skills. Should I level up his Job 1 skills? As compared to Maxing everything on Logi? (My Logi is about... level 15 across the board).

The general question is really, how best to spend my limit resources so I can just auto play all the hard modes in story to farm, and maybe auto play hard modes on events as well down the road.

Thanks a ton for any tips!

4. JChunks

JChunks New Member

You have a Caris, she is ranged.
    Also you have a Vettel, if you can get him to Holy Cavalier you pretty much can clear all content right now.
    *you can throw red/rainbow shards at Vettel to get him to Holy Cavalier

EDIT: Also increasing job levels increases stats for that job so do that as much as possible on the people you use the most.

5. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

Caris and Lofia are very helpful for story mode. Caris give you range and Lofia can attack with any element. Be sure you are using equipment to get your job levels up; this is where you want to focus as equipment quickly becomes scarce if players scatter it across their whole roster.
    Pick a team and stick with it. Check the shop every day for deals that help that team. Farm equipment for that team daily. I use alchemistcodedb.com to determine what abilities to level (if I think I will only use a unit at job 2 or 3 I don't waste zeni on abilities I won't transfer over). Check Event Quests for Gold Rush and Apple Garden if you get stuck on Story, level and try again.
    Good luck! :)

6. WeikerX

Thank you both! I think def my issue has been that I spread my resources too thin and am kinda paying for it. Gonna need to farm/grind for a while. Looks like my focus will be Caris / Vettel / Lofia / Protagonist for a while.