1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear questions

Discussion in 'Armament, Equipment & Abilities' started by SuperEndriu, Apr 30, 2018.

1. SuperEndriu

SuperEndriu Active Member

One thing that I have been neglecting is gear - got me interested when farming fate gear - also the one gem summon, which btw has given me just one 4* so far - did both 300 gem summons today and both got 4* gear... so much for the 1gem.

Anyway - obviously 4* gear is the jackpot. What about 3* and 2* - is it worth upgrading at all?

2. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

generally the 2* and 3* i upgrade are the accessories like sapphire earrings and heart choker
    the armor and weapons - best check the db for min/max values to see if its worth the gold to disassemble and evolve: http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/gears

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  3. J-Falstaff

J-Falstaff New Member

Got Excalibur for Saber. Couldn't beat the EX mission to get more shards to evolve to level 4 (for her master ability). Anyone know how to buy / find / get bronze gear shards?

4. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

for now its in paid bundles
    not sure where gumi will go from there, as i'm not familiar with jp

5. Zenith

Zenith Active Member

You can disassemble dupes of 2* and 3* gear and together with shards from the projection gear mission and elsewhere you can eventually get them to 5*. The 2* gear is status-effect specific and is useful to have, even if it's not outstanding.
    The 2* armors and accessories give resistance against status effects and all the 2* weapons gain the chance to inflict status effects.

As a rule of thumb, each of the 2* gear except the weapons are worth leveling to 30 once. Though it costs a lot of ore to get a gear to lvl30, so keep that in mind.
    The 2* weapons, I personally only like the poison staff and the paralyzing sword. Paralyzing is a good CC effect for tanks and poison becomes just stronger and stronger as the game progresses with increasingly high HP units.

3* gears are a bit tricky. They are generally trash since they are far worse than what's available and unlike the 2* you can't farm them easily. If by some off-chance you get lots of dupes of a certain weapon that you do not have a better +4* version of, then go for it.
    There will be silver gear projection farm stages later with 3* and 4* shards in it, so you might hold onto some 3* weapons until that time comes.

Similar to elemental frags, there will be EX missions that hand out universal bronze/silver/gold shards as well as event-specific boards that, if you clear them, sometimes have those shards among them.
    Other than that they are an incredibly limited resource.

nickjr likes this.