1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Forest Protector EX tips?

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Sylphie, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Sylphie

Sylphie New Member

So I have a dilemma here. I want to farm Lucian's JB+ equipments but I lack fully built up wind units to actually do any decent damage & tank enemy damage. Like I don't have Lucian at JB3 yet and I missed out on Rahu JB+ stuff (just started playing when the event was just about to end) and most videos I watched are using Rahu JB+ and HB yomi (which I don't have) and HB Lucian.

I normally auto battle when I farm these things since I have other things I need to be doing. (reason why I have yet to finish FFXV ex1 due to it being pretty much unautoable and also the same reason as now that I don't have fully built wind units xD) If at all this is possible to auto battle with my current units can anyone give me tips?

Notable wind units I have:
    Lucian 71/74
    Setsuna 67/67
    Ignis 67/67
    Rahu 75/77 (no JB+)
    Flamel 1/60
    Polin 60/69
    Bashonen 1/63
    Ramses 1/60

All these units don't have JBM too since I was working on other units beforehand to be able to do some of the other FFXV EX missions. Now I want to concentrate on getting Lucian's JB+ if at all possible. Any tips to improving and making my wind team stronger is appreciated.

2. SuperEndriu

SuperEndriu Active Member

If all fails jbm setsuna and join mp

3. Sylphie

Sylphie New Member

I realize that joining MP is probably my best bet but like I said, I don't have as much time as I would like manually farming this and that also includes MP. I don't mind trying to JBM setsuna, just need to farm her equipments but is there no other strat I can make use of? My lucian will be getting to JB3 soon in a few days, will that help any? Or is joining MP my only option?

4. votris11

votris11 Active Member

Do you have a merchant?

5. Sylphie

Sylphie New Member

I don't think so since none of the units I've been using has the merchant class. Only one I can think of is Elrike which I never got to unlock her JB3, only up to JB2.

6. votris11

votris11 Active Member

How about Lisbeth at j2

7. Sylphie

Sylphie New Member

Yea I have lisbeth at J2, 53/55 but isn't she a water unit and aren't almost all enemies thunder? Wouldn't she die instantly to even 1 hit of the enemies?

8. votris11

votris11 Active Member

This is just a tip to clear the mission without continue, not to grind the equipment. Set Lisbeth as leader and only use her, and get the HB Lucian or Yomi as a mercernary (might be also doable when your Lucian becomes a HB). Have the HB uses Sharpened Focus and move him/her in range to be able to attack the robot. Have Lisbeth Jewel Flip the HB so they can use Supreme Battle Trance the next turn. Then move the HB to use SBT and instant kill the robot. Mission clear in 1 turn, get rewards without a continue.

9. Sylphie

Sylphie New Member

Ohhh I should try that then. Thanks!

But this doesn't fix my problem in farming the gear xD I guess MP is the only way to go for me. Dang I had hoped it didn't have to come to that. Now I'm not sure I can farm all his JB+ gear in time. I was only able to get Lofia's because I could auto. Guess gotta start farming up equipment to JBM setsuna and go for MP.