1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Tactics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FRESH, Nov 21, 2017.

1. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Is it me or does this game remind me of FF Tactics. It's a shame FF Tactics didn't implement online pvp otherwise I suspect it would've gotten very popular.

2. iamchardymardy

iamchardymardy New Member

Yeah, reminds me of FFT as well! It would have been greatly popular but considering the fact the FFT was made around 1997, during a time where multiplayer was around it's early stages, it was understandable. :) I hope they remake FFT for this day and age though. :)

3. Tatsukko

Tatsukko Member

I thought i was the only one who thought of FF Tactics. It reminds me so much especially the "terrain height" feature and how arrows can curve to hit targets behind terrain

4. Envy

Envy Member

Lol, actually came across this because I was looking for games like FF Tactics. Let Us Cling Together is also extremely similar, I even prefer LUCT over FFT.

5. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

Wow, seriously? I thought it was painfully obvious -- the devs basically said "Hey, let's make a gacha FFT!," and this is what they made. Like, you'd have to have never played FFT to not see the obvious clonage. :D

6. Envy

Envy Member

"clonage"? cough* cough* inspired you mean ;)

Arananthi likes this.
  7. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

I loved Tactics and all its variations, so it's probably the reason why I love this game so much I think.

8. >AYA<

>AYA< New Member

Here is my saved account

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  9. Brawdur

Brawdur Active Member

Ahhh FFT.. Hits me right in the nostalgia

10. Brawdur

Brawdur Active Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but with the obvious similarities between TAC and FFT I'm constantly hit with the urge to re-play FFT. Anyone else got the same problem as me? :p

I'd really like to play it again, but I'm not sure I'll be able to any time soon..
    Would be great if they could release it to PS4 (much like they did to FFIX) but maybe I'm hoping for too much?

11. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

man, haven't played it since psx days... but too much new games and gacha grinding these days lol

12. Delphiki

Delphiki Member

A full blown port is available for android and I've heard good things. I've also been able to play it on a PS1 emulator for android. FFT is one of the games I've gone out of my way to play on multiple systems.

Brawdur likes this.
  13. Brawdur

Brawdur Active Member

Preferably I'd like to be able to play it on console but i guess beggars can't be choosers :p:p
    I'll look into it, thanks Delphiki :D

Delphiki likes this.
  14. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

last time i played FFT was actually on the android port. It's excellent, and really brings back memories. My only complaint is that touch screen doesn't do the game justice. I miss the tactile feed back of the gamepads when I select my units or I'm scrolling around.

I would really go for android / ipad. I played it on an ipad mini before and boy does the large screen make a difference.

15. Brawdur

Brawdur Active Member

Thanks Weiker, I'll take it into consideration :)
    Yeah I can imagine there's a huge difference, playing on a larger screen :D

If only they would release the game to PS4, I'd buy it in a heartbeat :cool: