1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Farming Location Super Thread

Discussion in 'Guides' started by WeikerX, Mar 24, 2018.

1. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to nickjr's encouragement, I've decided to kick it up a notch. These are, imo, some of the best farming locations, as arranged by item. Let me know of what you guys think about this! I kinda kept it simple without too many notes, so this is note definitive by any means. Keep farming and may RNG be with you!

Sacred Lion Blade
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [1-2] Defeat the Alkaroid - Sacred Lion Blade + Mace
    Ch 1: Ep 5 [3-5] The End of an Era - Sacred Lion Blade + Flame Emperor Armor + Medical Tome + Sacred Shield
    Ch 2: Ep 4 [2-10] Countdown - Hunting Cape + Sacred Lion Blade + Mage's Hat + Wind-Dance Dress + Spirit Gravestone
    Ch 2: Ep 3 [1-2] Oil and Water - Sacred Lion Blade + Magus Hood + Copper Bangle
    Ch 1: Ep 5 [1-10] Light and Darkness - Compass + Sacred Lion Blade + Dragoon's Cape + Gunner's Hat

Flame Emperor Armor
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [1-8] An Ancient Weapon - Flame Emperor Armor + Black Belt
    Ch 2: Ep 2 [1-8] A Ray of Hope - Flame Emperor Armor + Dice of Fate

Ch 1: Ep 5 [3-5] The End of an Era - Sacred Lion Blade + Flame Emperor Armor + Medical Tome + Sacred Shield

Lion Monarch Shield
    Ch 1: Ep 4 [1-8] Ideals and Reality - Lion Monarch Shield + Magus Hood + Noble Coat
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [3-10] Guard of the Clock Tower - Lion Monarch Shield + Saber
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [1-9] Rogues - Lion Monarch Shield + Vest
    Ch 2: Ep 2 [3-1] Ride Towards the Execution Grounds - Saint's Robe + Lion Monarch Shield + Blue Feather
    Ch 2: Ep 4 [2-1] Blue Flame Gathering - Brilliant Wings Armor + Gear Rod + Lion Monarch Shield + Gloves

Gear Rod
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [1-5] Client Disappearance - Gear Rod + Branch
    Ch 2: Ep 4 [1-1] Watch over the Girl - Medical Tome + Gear Rod + Research Notebook + Wooden Sword
    Ch 1: Ep 5 [3-4] Riot in the Capital - Compass + Gear Rod + Gunner' Hat + Prayer Crane

Magus Hood
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-2] Spirit of a Thief - Mage's Hat + Magus Hood

Great Lance

Ch 2: Ep 3 [3-2] A Woman's Fears - Knight Chess + Flame Emperor Armor + Great Lance + Mace
    Ch 1: Ep 4 [1-7] Promises of Reunion - Great Lance + Star Staff + Wooden Sword
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [1-3] Overcast by Dark Clouds - Great Lance + Saber
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [3-1] Whereabouts of the Sacred Stone - Great Lance + Mage's Fountain Pen
    Ch 2: Ep 2 [2-6] A Returning Threat - Orichalcum Blades + Great Lance + Stamp of Certain Delivery

Compass
    Ch 1: Ep 5 [1-10] Light and Darkness - Compass + Sacred Lion Blade + Dragoon's Cape + Gunner's Hat
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-5] The Necessity of Evil - Compass + Magic Cape
    Ch 2: Ep 2 [1-6] Established Trust - Compass + Skull Rod
    Ch 1: Ep 5 [3-4] Riot in the Capital - Compass + Gear Rod + Gunner' Hat + Prayer Crane

Knight Chess Piece
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-10] Reclaim the Captured Princess - Knight Chess Piece + Glass Pen ::better with skip tickets::
    Ch 2: Ep 3 [3-2] A Woman's Fears - Knight Chess + Flame Emperor Armor + Great Lance + Mace

Research Notebook
    Ch 1: Ep 3 [1-10] Agatha's Suggestion - Research Notebook + Cloth Jacket + Shinobi Shoes
    Ch 2: Ep 2 [2-1] A Separation for the Heart - Sacred Fur Coat + Research Notebook + Cross Helmet

Others
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-7] A Threatening Tale of Ruins - Orichalcum Blades + Thick Hat
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [3-3] The Timekeeper's Intentions - Saint's Robe + Rainbow Hourglass
    Ch 2: Ep 1 [2-1] True Paradise - Sacred Fur Coat + Cross Helmet

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Thinkker, Yeivist, Arananthi and 2 others like this.
  2. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

thanks

tbh i have just been choosing the lowest ap level for the specific item and hitting repeat lol

3. WeikerX

I did that for a while, but i've realized that it's not the most "efficient" way for me because 1) the higher AP feels like it has better drop rates, and 2) i usually want to farm more than one thing. I'm tired of looking it up individually so, hopefully it helps! haha

4. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

I look for the level that has the smallest amount of different treasures, so that I can get the one thing I'm after with the minimum AP spend. 20 AP for a coin flip is noticeably better than 12 AP for a 1-in-4.

5. nickjr

nickjr Moderator Staff Member

This is something I've been wondering. Do we know how the drops are calculated? Or do we at least have a very good idea from player data? What's the % for getting a drop at all from story (we know they can change this for different quests, so not sure how they change it for story or if they change it at all), and what's the % for a drop being one out of a list (are they nice and just make everything in a list equally likely, or are they mean and make the drop rate of higher rarity frags lower than the drop rate of lower rarity frags)?

Arananthi likes this.
  6. nickjr

Dias is the most treasure-friendly protag on auto with skills (and without skills) if you have all three at the same stage of development.

Logi clears enemies faster because Holy Saber costs less than Dark Saber and Evil Sword; also, Dark Knights really like using Blood Drain on auto

Edgar clears enemies faster because ranged attacks (don't have to move as much before he can start attacking with both normal and skill attacks) and higher AGI

And as the cherry on top: Most of us have probably developed Logi (great tank) and Edgar (so he can survive, because Chapter 2 is tougher and has ranged enemies), but I don't think most of us have developed Dias to the same extent, so he should have lower AGI

---------------------------------

I find myself in need of Black Belt Diagrams quite a bit... Not terribly often, but often enough that I'd like to know a good farming place for its frags.

Assuming that drop rate calculations are uniform across all enemies who can drop stuff (I have no idea if this assumption has any legs to stand on, and it's a pretty big assumption...), I think these look promising:

Ch 1, Ep 4, 2-4: Brothers http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-010104
    Enemies who drop stuff: 7
    AP: 16
    Chests: 1 in nearby corner, but also near enemies that can sidetrack your treasure-grabber
    Protag: Dias
    Other drops: Copper Bangle, Picmy Figure Diagram, Crystal Mirror Diagram frag
    Personal note: I find myself short on Copper Bangles on occasion. Used to also be true of Picmy Figure Diagrams, but now I have a bunch and idk where they came from

Ch 1, Ep 4, 3-4: One Future - Two Swords http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-010114
    Enemies who drop stuff: 6
    AP: 16
    Chests: 2 on far side in corners; quest is early enough for your ninjas/thieves/assassins to get to chests without being caught by enemies on auto (you know how the AI wants your units to kill adjacent enemies before getting reachable chests? Yeah, that won't happen too often)
    Protag: Dias
    Other drops: Copper Bangle, Elemental Belt Diagram, Crystal Mirror Diagram frag
    NOTE: Defeat of Sabareta (no drop) ends quest. Put your treasure grabber in slot 3 so they encounter Sabareta later or never.
    Personal note: I find myself short on Copper Bangles and Elemental Belt Diagrams on occasion

Ch 2, Ep 1, 1-8: An Ancient Weapon http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-020008
    Enemies who drop stuff: 5
    AP: 20
    Chests: 2 in nearby-ish corners; need to fight through enemies for one
    Protag: Edgar
    Other drops: Flame Emperor Armor Piece
    Personal note: FLAME EMPEROR ARMOR. If the drop rate calculations are the same for all enemies who drop stuff, then this is a great quest.

(I know I can buy Copper Bangles from the always-there Secret Shop lol but if I can pick some up while I'm getting other stuff I need, then that's great so I can save some Zeni xD)

7. nickjr

Currently in need of Knight Chess Piece Diagrams... This happens less often than needing Black Belt Diagrams but this isn't the first time.

With the same assumption that drop rate calculations are uniform across all enemies who can drop stuff (from purely eyeballing my 10-at-a-time about-5-time skip ticket results for Ch2 Ep1 1-8 from the list above, I think this is a reasonable assumption), these look good to me:

Ch 1, Ep 5, 2-4: Sacred Stone Satna http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-010134
    Chests: ?
    Protag: Logi
    Other drops: Orichalcum Blades Piece, Shrine Maiden's Bells Diagram Piece, Dragon Sphere Diagram Piece
    Personal note: Orichalcum Blades!

Ch 2, Ep 2, 2-5: Road to Recovering the Stone www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-020045
    Other drops: Master Ninja's Hood Diagram Piece, Thick Hat
    Personal note: Thick Hats! They're in the always-there Secret Shop, but the more I can pick up alongside other stuff I need, the better :D Especially when I go on a job-leveling spree thanks to suddenly getting a ton of Sacred Lion Blades and Lion Monarch Shields... The Ninja equip diagram pieces are nice as well, and there are only 3 drops

Ch 2, Ep 3, 3-2: A Woman's Fears http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-020082
    Chests: 1 near back; get someone there before Edgar shoots down the back gunner
    Other drops: Flame Emperor Armor Piece, Great Lance Piece, Mace
    Personal note: FLAME EMPEROR ARMOR. AND GREAT LANCES THOSE SUCKERS ARE E X P E N S I V E OKAY. This is the only one I've run in this list lol I think this is the general best in this post since most of the units we level are physical units

Note: There's also the quest listed in the first post/on Reddit, Ch2 Ep1 2-10 Reclaiming the Captured Princess. There's only one other drop besides the Knight Chess Piece frag and there are 6 enemies who can drop stuff (dunno if 1 chest or 2 chests). Great for skip tickets! But terrible for auto because this stage ends when you defeat Don Taras. (I haven't actually run the thing and of course I don't remember the layout, so maybe it's actually not that bad?) Also usually we don't need Glass Pens (the other drop) (yet?).

Yeivist and WeikerX like this.
  8. WeikerX

I updated my list with some of yours. Thanks!

nickjr likes this.
  9. nickjr

You're welcome :D

In case you didn't see: I added a little note to the end of that post. Nothing significant though

Also, in the first post, you forgot to bold Flame Emperor Armor for the second listed quest (Ch 1: Ep 5 [3-5] The End of an Era)

Suggestion: If you have time, could you order the list in the first post by the drops? Doesn't have to be an exact ordering, especially with the overlaps, but right now... I do not see rhyme or reason in the order of that list LOL Even an approximate order would be good. Physical stuff at the top, magical stuff at the bottom? Or gold borders at the top, blue borders at the bottom? idk anything goes

Alternatively, maybe have different headings (doesn't have to be one heading per drop if that makes the post too long) and duplicate quests if needed. idk
    (e.g.

Sacred Lion Blade and Flame Emperor Armor:
    quest1
    quest2
    quest3

Knight Chess Piece:
    quest4
    quest3)

If you're busy, no worries ^^

Yeivist and WeikerX like this.
  10. nickjr

THIS LAYOUT IS SO MUCH BETTER I LOVE IT THANK YOU

WeikerX likes this.
  11. nickjr

Currently in need of Mechanical Wing Pieces... I amassed a giant stockpile of them like three months ago and they're finally gone lol idk where they all went

Ch 1: Ep 3 [2-10] Story of Dreams www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-010080
    AP: 12
    Protag: Logi
    Other drops: Dice of Fate Piece, Gramophone Piece
    NOTE: Defeat of Sabareta (no drop) ends quest.
    Personal note: Dice of Fate and Gramophone seem to be infrequently used for equips, sorta like how Lucky Rabbit Figurines and Old Pocket Watches are infrequent used for 5* equip materials

Ch 2: Ep 4 [1-2] Stabilizing Anchor http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-020092
    Enemies who drop stuff: 5
    Chests: 1, have to fight through all enemies
    Other drops: Flame Emperor Armor Piece, Lion Gauntlet Diagram Piece, Mace
    Personal note: FLAME EMPEROR ARMOR but shitty drop amount: number of enemies, number of chests, chest location, number of possible different drops

Ch 2: Ep 4 [2-8] Shattered Hopes http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/quest/qe-st-no-020108
    Chests: 2 in nearest corners, map is huge
    Other drops: Lucky Rabbit Figurine Piece, Gigant Axe Diagram Piece, Dagger
    Personal note: for those occasional times when you're also short on Lucky Rabbit Figurines; drop amount is better: number of enemies, number of chests, chest locations

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    udon likes this.