1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Explain magician casting time

Discussion in 'General' started by Diamond Sky, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky New Member

Can someone explain the casting time of the magicians for me? i don't understand it, it causes me to sometimes murder my own units.

2. Shiora

Shiora New Member

im not really know how thats work maybe from agi ?

3. JeremyZero

JeremyZero 可愛いは正義

Casting
    When a spell with cast time is casted, a "spell unit" is created (kinda, easier to understand), when the "spell unit's" CT reaches 1000 , the spell is casted. and the spell unit's AGI/SPD is equal to the spell's cast speed, indicated beside the use count in game. Note that cast speed is NOT related to the caster's AGI/SPD, Clock up/Clock down however does effect cast speed. Cast time can be shortened by passives such as enchanter's passive which makes cast time become 2/3, it makes the required CT for the "spell unit" to be 666 instead of 1000 making the spell cast faster. Spell Unit's CT like normal unit's CT can go over 1000 , and the spell with highest "spell unit" CT will cast first.

https://thealchemistcode.gamepedia.com/Mechanics

4. Westsider

Westsider Member

Simple solution = don't move units into red flashing squares, that's where mage skill gonna hit.
    Mage gets turn first to choose skill and use skill at the end of turn.
    Enemies move sometimes between that time, so choose attack area wisely with mage.

5. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

So if I understand this, a spell with a Casting Speed of 500 will cast in 2 ticks, where a spell with a Casting Speed of 250 will cast in 4 ticks.

So tl;dr: higher casting speed is better, breakpoints are any (1000/x), i.e. 500, 334, 250, 200, etc.

Right?

6. JeremyZero

JeremyZero 可愛いは正義

basicly yup

Arananthi likes this.
  7. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

So are these based on the spell not the caster? In other words, Flare's CT of 160 is not affected by, say, being cast by Mia (AGI: 85) or Michael (AGI:79), the cast time remains the same?

8. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member

Wait, now, that's entirely not what you said above. You said the spell casts when it hits 1000 count, and it counts up by CastingTime per tick. That's 100% not the same thing as having it cast when it hits CastingTime, and counting up by Agility.

Which is it?

9. JeremyZero

JeremyZero 可愛いは正義

Sorry I was confusing about something else.

Basicly AGI of the caster not affect to the Spell Unit by any mean but the higher AGI you can cast the spell faster. Turn order come faster.

When you cast a spell need casting time, the game create a spell unit that have AGI = Casting speed of that spell. When that unit CT reach 1000, the spell is casted. AGI of the spell unit and AGI of caster not related. The only thing related is the Passive shorten the Cast time of Enhancer. That will reduce the 1000CT required to 666.

Arananthi likes this.
  10. Arananthi

Arananthi Active Member