1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Etrian Odyssey Characters 91 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Japanese Version' started by Shadowalker, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Shadowalker

Shadowalker New Member

So i just saw that the Etrian Odyssey Characters in JP got their 91 upgrades, which leaves me with two questions:

Is it possible that other Limited Event Units will get their 91 Upgrade?

and..

Is it a good decision by gumi to give 91 Upgrades to Limited Event Units because of their, as the name implies, limited time availability?

Imo this only "benefits" player who played the game long enough to have the chance to get those Units, but even those will probably have to use Rainbox/Elemental Shards to make them to 91, unless they hardcore whaled on the Event.

Because from what i can see on the database they dont seem to be farmable.

I dont play the JP Version myself so I dont know if you can farm them now via Soul Exchange shop or thorugh some other ways, still I dont know how to feel about this :/

2. Tarothin

Tarothin New Member

For your first question, they actually already added some others, they're part of the potk/shinobi nightmare set, so like sakura, yuri were among them.

They did try and make it a little easier, they added shards/indulgences that can only be used for kaigan on collab units, and it seems like every time they have a collab they'll have these generic collab kaigan shards available through mission rewards/etc... Also, at least two fully farmable collab units got kaigan (amaterasu is one), so that is doable by anyone though they're probably not as strong as gacha only units, ymmv.

If you wanna kaigan gacha only units you're probably gonna still have to whale or just burn a lot of elemental shards, but while it may not be perfect, all things considered, they probably coulda done a lot worse handling the collab kaigans.

3. Shadowalker

Shadowalker New Member

Oh ok, well at least its not that bad i guess, just was wondering how they would implement the 91 system for collab/limited units because i dont play the jp version. Thx for the info ^^