1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Caris vs. Edgar

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by WeikerX, Jan 5, 2018.

1. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

Can anyone opine if Caris is worth focusing on after getting Edgar? I'm currently J2 on both and I'm not sure if I can get Caris down to J3 down the line.

2. Enuma

Enuma Member

caris whole thing is that she have extra range and she get sniper and + job later now she is as fine as Edger

3. WeikerX

gotcha. I guess Caris I'll wait to farm her shards. Thanks!

4. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

If you have Caris, Edgar is a bit of a waste. Farming gear for better units is more valuable than using energy to limit break Edgar. Do you have any other good ranged units--Magnus, Reagan, Anastasia, or Ryle? Do you have a Chronomancer?

5. WeikerX

I juuust got Ryle and Rahu and focusing all my energy on Rahu for now. I haven't decided whether I want to level up Ryle yet because I have Caris and i figured just her is enough for now.

Resources getting to be limited because I was stupid and thought I had to level up all the skills.... so much waste looking back.

6. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

Rahu and Caris together will do very well. Get Booster +1 and maybe Basic Firearms from her J2 and stick with Gunner.

WeikerX likes this.
  7. WeikerX

Gotit.

O, btw. What is "Shot Mastery +1?" I don't understand the ATK modifier description.

8. Enuma

Enuma Member

i think its 20% atk boost for her shooting skills

9. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

Think of it like +10 to Caris' ATK when it's at level 20. Personally, I like Long Shot over Shot Mastery, so I'd go Long Shot, Booster and Counter until you get her to Sniper.
    Source: http://www.alchemistcodedb.com/unit/chalice#gunner

10. WeikerX

holy**** nice website. Thanks for this.

Yea I was wondering how to build her. She only has 2 passive slots though so i'm going Long Shot and Booster.

Push2Stops likes this.
  11. BadAlchemy

BadAlchemy New Member

Erm Ryle is one of the best units. He has more range, can fire at better angles, cannot friendly fire and his Wide Barrage skill is a cheap long rage AOE which is a game changer. He also nukes everything in Arena no problem. He is better than gunners/drifters.

12. WeikerX

yea that's the thing that i've been trying to think over.

I think in this case i'm picking Caris over Ryle is because i've already invested so much into Caris and I don't have enough resources to be leveling up another Ranged at the moment (going to focus on Rahu then Shayana). Currently sticking with my J1 Mastered Caris and will get to Ryle after Shayana.

13. Enuma

Enuma Member

if u dont have Caris sniper unlocked then just go with Ryle she only shine best at her j3 also its better to have more ranged units maxed so u can do events/timed Qs fast even arena

14. WeikerX

Hum... do you recommend that I level up Ryle before Shayana?

15. Enuma

Enuma Member

both if u can if not level the one u lacking first if u need ranged unit go Ryle if u need a Wifu smacking go Shayana

16. Push2Stops

Push2Stops Member

Ryle is greater than Caris in many ways but depending on the difference in job levels it might be best to stick to Caris--keep her at the top, if she's there--get Shayna to a usable level then soft-grind Ryle. Job levels 9, 10, and 11 can take a few days and you don't want your team to fall because you are starting over. That said if they are all somewhere in the job level range of 4 to 8, switching is much easier.

17. WeikerX

This makes sense. Buuut since i'm only 1 item away from mastering Shayna J1, i'm gonna deal with that then balls to the wall Ryle.

Push2Stops likes this.
  18. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

man i need to get caris to sniper

her J1 and J2 range is sooo short hahaha (i guess i'm spoiled by all these ryle mercs)

19. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator Staff Member

A reason I use Almira sniper (summoning gave me many of her dupes xD) because of +3 range (which helped me against dem Thunder Diablo) even if she lacks damage for that reason since I gave her j1 and j3 range passives to be able to hit safely.
    And I own Ryle too so I know dat feeling of being spoiled by Ryles xD

Well being on topic, I do believe it depends if you own Caris or not.
    Edgar is free while Caris atm needs to be summoned. If you don't own any other ranged units, Edgar isn't a bad choice, he can have +2 range thanks to both j1 + j2 passives or if you want a more offensive Edgar to combine the 2 jobs missile atk passive.
    Caris though shines at j3 coz of sniper.

udon likes this.