1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Bot spam and bot spam again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ganmbit, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ganmbit

ganmbit Member

Is this forum ded because of those bot spammers, and it seems the only thing that is on is only XingHa's unit information and my custom unit corner....

Anyhow to make this place more "alive", so those bot spammers will go away because this place is "Alive"?

2. nickjr

nickjr Moderator Staff Member

Seems like the bots are all of the same type (Chinese bots saying something about American universities, never bothered finding out exactly what though), which means they might all be coming from the same place, which means they're not going to go away unless we add a measure to the registration page, no matter how active this place becomes. :(

We could try advertising the forum in the Reddit (AlchemistCodeGL). There's a pretty active community over there. I don't know how we would make this forum look appealing though lol

3. ganmbit

ganmbit Member

Well, I could have done that but....
    1. I don't want my custom units leaked to Reddit as Gimu have their eyes there
    2. Wkwkland(The country I live) hates Reddit

So yeah... But else than that, I think we have a point of agreement in here...

4. ganmbit

ganmbit Member

Also, to counter the boss, how about adding Captcha system... It could mitigate bots