1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you actually 'playing' this game?

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperEndriu, Aug 3, 2018.

1. SuperEndriu

SuperEndriu Active Member

There has been a post on reddit recently (which was also mentioned on ANC q&a) - about au to-battling...

Tbt, when I think about it, the only time that I really play this game is when new ex content is released or multiplay - everything else is auto battle.

I realized that this week when there wasnt any more gear to farm for me from mp.

How much do you actually play this game?

2. udon

udon Moderator Staff Member

if it requires me to do x amount of a level, then it better be autoable - the very nature of x amount milestones means i'm not going to bother with "playing" it x amount of times - it will make me hate the game

but if its cerebral enough like the ffxv ex+ levels, then i like that it isnt autoable - and i play the game properly

nickjr, WeikerX and 1CC like this.
  3. SuperEndriu

sure thing - but in the end, except maybe for multiplay - you just play the game sporadically - same as me when there is new ex maps released - in other words - most of the time its auto battle, I mean if it wasnt for mp there might be several consecutive days that I dont manually play the game

udon likes this.
  4. 1CC

1CC Active Member

'Playing' a mobage might interpretated differently from 'playing' classic platform. Mobage updated frequently so 'playing' few light sessions everyday should be able to be done between breaks. That is when autoing and skipping helps a lot. I 'play' tAC at least like this everyday so yeah I still 'playing'. A heavier playing session that involves thinking like when playing in classic platforms can be done at weekend. I can't 'play' the game heavily like that everyday, daily night session is done by me the tirednosaurus which sometimes end up me being asleep when doing multiplayer (apologize to the fellas who's been left behind).

TLDR: I play lighter session everyday, heavier session on weekends.

5. SuperEndriu

Of course, if the game wouldnt allow for auto battle and I needed to manually grind through each and every thing I might actually give up on it - auto-battle is indeed a blessing here. Auto-battled my way through ex1 and ex2 - saved me a lot of time - in fact once I clear an ex stage I dont feel like I wanna get back to it. My little grip is, though, that auto-battling has become somewhat of a routine for me - mostly 5* hq and other milestones - in the end I realized that in the time between a new ex stage I just do auto-battle in order to slooowly improve my units and the real game like completing and ex stage for the first time is actually few and far.

Just some thoughts... maybe I am a little bit bored with the game or something...

6. 1CC

1CC Active Member

Well, routine chore is one of the necessity(and the appeal for some people) in a fast updated mobage if you don't want to be left behind the events. I kinda understand that some people might be bored though. Maybe you could delay them by doing something different, like visiting this forum. ;)

7. udon

:(

nickjr and SuperEndriu like this.
  8. votris11

votris11 Active Member

MP, the harder Veda floors, ex+, solo fights, mission completion. Otherwise, I autobattle if I can. Manually playing the game is fun and all, but there is only so much you can replay a level before it drives you to boredom. Besides, with so much AP to spend and so little time to focus on playing manually, being able to autobattle is a blessing.

nickjr likes this.
  9. WeikerX

WeikerX Moderator Staff Member

i actually like the auto battle. only way for me to play a game these days due to my work schedule. don't feel like i'm losing out on too much even if i'm busy.

that said, i think i put in like an hour of actual play time a day for story, MP an others. Glad they keep on coming up with these story event quests.

10. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator Staff Member

I do what I can't auto (MP, Veda and some EXs), I'm used to certain games with this kind of system.
    For me TAC is more interesting because of the voices, 3D model and especially the gameplay, about its story so far only Sacred Stone Memories are the ones I like the most.
    Lately though there are way too many farming events and sometimes I need a break from these xD

votris11 likes this.
  11. Zenith

Zenith Active Member

The game becomes mostly a daily routine of HQ + missions + shopping after the initial build-up.
    It's boring for sure, to a degree.

But I look at it from this angle:
    I'm not actively trying to play the game in pursuit of fun.
    Instead I'm basically preparing for future content.
    The actually fun future content comes in small bursts.
    But I know the content will reach certain spikes where the bursts are large.
    These spikes are the major new content, i.e. not just new content like EX missions, but completely new features that add longevity to the game.
    Such features are:
    - Towers: Mobius tower and Prinny tower
    - Realtime PvP & Draft PvP
    - Kaigan and Nensou, which basically translates into more grinding
    - Raid system

And the pattern tells me that such features keep getting added.
    Later I might be booting the game up just to play some draft matches for fun.

So I'm basically playing the game not for the game it is right now, but for what it's going to be.
    I would be playing the JP version instead, but trying to catch up to all that content that's in JP is impossible even with all the freebies they throw at you.

Zero, udon and SuperEndriu like this.
  12. SuperEndriu

Thats very much like me - Hq quests are top priority. I have even go as far as to only use 5 normal missions to farm for job equips (if there isnt 2x drops that is) and dont even farm gold rush on a regular basis

13. Buttercantfly

Buttercantfly Member

This game need more prominent multiplayer quest. Lately it's just 5x multi then done (for milestone). Maybe except for some equips farm.
    Maybe they can make 8 player multi fighting a strong ass boss hahah.

14. udon

multiplayer arena needs to get here sooner

15. SuperEndriu

yeah - its coming soon :)

btw - how will this multplay arena work - I assume jp has it already. Is it like mp battles? 3vs3? Ai controlled?